If you’re looking to eliminate wrinkles in your skin, you are probably looking at Botox injections. These simple, quick and safe procedures are very popular among plastic surgeons. Plastic Surgery Center of Southwest Louisiana wants you to be prepared for all steps of the procedure, so here are some things to look for after your Botox injections:
- There may be initial redness, swelling or bruising. This is normal; injections similar to receiving a shot from your primary care physician.
- Do not rub your face or lie down for a few hours after the injection, per doctor's instructions.
- Do not take any blood thinners.
- Do not wear hats or other head apparel.
- Avoid physical activity for 24 hours.
- Do not receive other facial treatments (e.g. microdermabrasion, spa facials, etc.) for at least 24 hours
If experience any pain or muscle effects to untreated areas after you injections, call your doctor. Though the normal remedy will usually be to wait it out, they may be able to help.
Botox is a well-known and popular cosmetic treatment, but it can be used for more than just your looks. To learn more about Botox and its uses, call Plastic Surgery Centers of Southwestern Louisiana at 337-513-4611.